2019 TRAVEL BASEBALL REGISTRATION
This is a tryout for the Competitive (non-recreational) baseball teams that will be representing Basking Ridge through the Winter, Early Spring, Summer and Baseball Seasons in 2019
(This is NOT registration for the Spring Rec season. Evals for the Spring Rec will begin in Jan)
This does not include the 7U Travel Program. 7U Travel Team evaluations and team formation will occur in April/May for the Summer Baseball Season.
Dates and times at end of email, please read email for important program information.
· All players must attend the mandatory Travel Tryouts. Teams will be formed by Mid-December in time for training and winter baseball leagues. The Travel Baseball season begins in March and continues through July encompassing the Early Spring, Spring and Summer baseball seasons.
· Player's eligible age is determined by the player’s age as of April 30th, 2019. For example, if your son or daughter is 8 and turns 9 after April 30, 2019, they will be placed in the 8U evaluations and on an 8U team
· Due to the time commitment required, player will not be permitted to join a Ridge Travel Team if they play on a non-Ridge ‘club’ team during the same period.
· Participation in the Travel Tryouts is mandatory for all players who wish to be placed on a Travel team. The only exception is a player who is in attendance, but is injured and cannot participate.
· RBC Rules mandate that players are required to register, and actively participate (i.e. 75% or more) in the Ridge Baseball Club's 2019 Spring Recreation Season to play Travel baseball.
· Regardless of ability, players are only eligible to participate in the lowest age group they qualify for. For example, a 10-year old can only play on a 10U team, not an 11U team. Unless younger players are required to complete the roster.
· Previous participation in the Ridge Travel Program is not a pre-requisite for participation in the 2019 Travel Program nor does it guarantee the player a roster spot.
· The Travel baseball program is a competitive-level program which requires commitment from both the player, and the player's family. Teams will participate in holiday tournaments throughout the Spring and Summer season (i.e. - Memorial Day, 4th of July), and depending on the league or tournaments that the team participates in, may have multiple games in a weekend, or in one day.
· Frequent schedule changes are to be expected due to weather and changing dates in leagues and tournaments, so players and parents must plan to be flexible. Prompt and regular attendance is a must for all Travel players. Parents must plan summer vacations to avoid conflict with practices and games.
· Participation in another spring sport is not prohibited, but, priority shall be given to the Travel baseball program.
· For District Tournament Teams, vacations should be planned not to coincide with district / state / regional tournaments. For some teams, this may result in an extended season through August 2018
· Travel teams will be formed at each age group depending on the number of players, the skill level of the players, and the availability of Coaches and Managers. The teams will be organized by color – Green, Black, and White (in the event of a fourth team – Grey).
· Teams are usually limited to 11 or 12 players to maximize the play time.
· Not all players may make a travel team, though every effort will be made to accommodate the maximum number of players into the travel program.
· Tryouts will be conducted by hired professional independent baseball evaluators hired by the Ridge Baseball Club. Players will be placed on a team based on the tryouts and the resulting player rankings and if necessary, the prior year's coaches input and/or statistics.
FEES AND UNIFORMS:
· The fees for travel baseball are composed of three parts, all mandatory. 1) TRAVEL FEE, 2) TEAM SPECIFIC FEE, and 3) TRAINING.
· If the player is selected for a team, a TRAVEL FEE will be charged, plus a TEAM SPECIFIC FEE based on what additional leagues and tournaments that will be scheduled for that individual team. Also, most teams perform team training organized by the Team Manager.
· Certain, but not all, Travel teams in the older age groups may also elect to participate in an out-of-region, high-profile tournament (e.g. Cooperstown, Ripken Experience, Sports at the Beach, Hershey, etc) that may require additional fees and which may involve multiple-day travel
· The Travel Fee shall include a uniform.
· Additional fees may be requested by the manager for training or participation in additional events.
· The BASE FEE for 2019 will be $475.00.
· There will be no refund of the basic Travel Baseball registration fee for any other reason than not having enough players and managers to form complete teams.
· In addition to the fees for travel baseball, tournaments and games, the teams will participate in age group specific winter training which will begin in January or February of 2019. These training sessions will be coordinated directly by the team managers, and the cost for participation in the winter training will be approximately $300 per player.
TRYOUT DATES / TIMES:
10U to 12U Only
- WHERE: RBC Complex
- WHEN: October 14th Rain Date October 21st
10U 12:30 to 2:00
11U 1:45 to 3:15
12U 3:00 to 4:30
8U to 9U Only
- WHERE: Branchburg Complex
- WHEN: Early December Exact Date and Time TBD